GuitarAmpBoard.com Review

GuitarAmpBoard.com Review

Postby Che Guitarra » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:19 pm

I don't know why I'm even bothering with this review. I could just as easily copy & paste my site review from Guitar.com or MetroAmp in place of this, but maybe it will save someone else the trouble.

Stumbled upon this forum about 10 months ago. The domain name is so similar to this one, I actually think that's how I found it.

Had never heard of it before.

Spent about 2 weeks reading thru old threads and scanning the new ones as they were posted, trying to get a feel for the site. Actually seemed promising at this point.

Joined, and started posting. Posted build threads of my 100W plexi in the DIY section. Also started a build thread on a resistive load box for re-amping.

At this point I began to realize that the people there who did build/mod amps and have electronic knowledge were the type who did not share. The only people who had anything to say in my build threads were the campers - who don't know jack about building or modding gear.

It became obvious pretty quickly that there were about 10~15 campers there (people who sit there logged in 24/7/365 and pounce on anything and everything being posted.)

The next thing that I took note of was the significant numbers of dudes there who are living the Romans 1:27 lifestyle. No pun, no joke here... the real deal. :roll:

Now, it's all out in the open there at GAB. I mean it's discussed and joked about constantly - and as far as they are concerned that's all good, right up until you express a disdain for that lifestyle. :cry:

:mrgreen: That's when they circle the wagons and are all over everything you post... they start tag-teaming the hell out of you. :mrgreen:

Now, even jokes I told in the Off Topic area started getting flooded with all of these, "That's not funny" type of posts. I mean, if it's not funny then why do you need to play censor ? Just move on and let others have a laugh.

Couple months into it, I had two of the resident campers start creating sock-puppet accounts and begin trashing my threads in the Recording and DIY sub forums. No one took any action. It was allowed to go on with the tacit approval of the site admin.

It finally came down to me calling out several of the site's high-post-count members about the fact that they could not play guitar worth a damn, based on the sound clips they had posted. This was pretty much the beginning of the end. :lol:

I posted clip after clip after clip of my guitar playing, my tone - using various gear. This was all met with excoriating reviews from the very people who proved time and time again that they themselves could not play worth a crap. :roll:

The atmosphere there at GAB is so toxic I finally decided my time is better spent playing my guitars or sitting on my breezeway with my dogs and sippin' Crown Royal.

Will never login there or even read the site again. What a big waste of time.

edit: Just checked back here, LOL!

Looks like this post went a little viral. Somone must have linked it on a couple of gear forums. :lol:

Funniest thing about all of this are the reactions from the GAY(B) crowd being pasted around to other sites. They are only concerned about website traffic, posts counts and how embarrassing this was for their goofy forum. :roll:

This is a perfect illustration of what has gone wrong with all these guitar forums... These guys have completely lost sight of the purpose - they all seem to think the forum itself is the purpose.

They have forgotten these sites were created ostensibly to help members become a better guitarist, and to find a better tone from your gear.

What these forums are filled with now are people who sit there logged-in all the time, run up their post counts, turn the site into "social media" (which is particularly absurd since they are all no doubt already on multiple social media sites as well)...

And the ultimate irony in all of this is that the best examples of what I'm talking about are invariably people who either don't even play the funking guitar, or can't play worth a damn and have shitty tone in their posted clips.

But none of that matters to this crowd.

All that matters is that you travel across the continent a couple times a year and corn-hole each other - then stick up for yore butt-buddies on your little forum.

What a joke. :lol:
Farmin' ain't easy...
Che Guitarra
VIP
VIP

Location: What I didn't know until this day, is that it was Barzini all along.

Re: GuitarAmpBoard.com Review

Postby LLL » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:25 pm

So much to say, so little time.

The precise point; you hit it.

These forums aren't about improving, sharing knowledge and yakking with your equals.

It's a fargin' social event... where most of the members are wearing costumes (e.g. can't play for poo but pretend to - poseurs) and
they're all fighting to see wins the "popularity contest".

Not enough people grow out of the high school mentality. These fucksticks are retarded in their maturity and growth as human beings... and guitarists.

Far more people took up guitar playing to be popular than those who took up guitar playing as their muse.
LLL
Working Man
Working Man

Postby Che Guitarra » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:36 pm

LLL wrote:.. These forums aren't about improving, sharing knowledge and yakking with your equals.

It's as if there's some sort of disconnect between what they are actually doing on these forums, and what they think they are doing.

You or I come along, and try to participate in the declared purpose of the forum, and when we point out things like:

* You've got people here who are only here to prey upon forum members with Gear Acquisition Syndrome by selling stuff to them.

* You've got people here who don't even play the damned guitar. Yet these people are doing all the talking and trying to run the damned place.

They hear us and decide - we're the problem because we called attention to this crap. :lol:

And then one-by-one, these little guitar forums disappear for these very same reasons, year after year.

GAY(B) forum is a carbon copy of Guitar.com ... and look where it is now.
Farmin' ain't easy...
Che Guitarra
VIP
VIP

Postby YourMom » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:37 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What is that place, yet another safe space internet collection of self important, talentless, poser millenials - with a rump ranger felching twist?

http://www.guitarampboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=39407
YourMom
Show Me The Way
Show Me The Way

Postby YourMom » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:40 pm

Yeah and there's a whole lot of sockpuppetin goin on over there. :P
YourMom
Show Me The Way
Show Me The Way

Postby Che Guitarra » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:26 pm

I spent 10 months there... My opinion ?

75% of them are feckless morons.

24% are smart-ass sodomites.

the other 1% are decent human beings.

My 2 cents..

HEY IDIOTS !

YOU'RE RUNNING OFF THE WRONG PEOPLE !

:lol:
Farmin' ain't easy...
Che Guitarra
VIP
VIP

Postby YourMom » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:56 am

Speaking of the members of GAY(B) not being able to play worth a damn:

Mr. Rubato's "Formal Black" band Wordpress website?

https://formalblack.com/

Where's the music? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YourMom
Show Me The Way
Show Me The Way

Postby Iron Balls McGinty » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:59 am

All I see are a bunch of pimpleface milenials grabassing eachother and saying "brah"
Iron Balls McGinty

Postby Iron Balls McGinty » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:02 am

So whats your ranking for GuitarAmpBoard (GAY)?
Iron Balls McGinty

Postby Che Guitarra » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:02 pm

YourMom wrote:Where's the music? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://formalblack.com/rock/

Check out the "guitar solo"... :roll:
Farmin' ain't easy...
Che Guitarra
VIP
VIP

Next

Return to Forum Reviews